Hello. I'm 20 years old male and I would like to get some useful information about certain aspects of lip care. This lasts couples of months I have develop some problem with my lips because they are almost constantly dry and chapped. Of course, I have never used any lipsticks or lip oils to prevent this but, like I said, I have never had problems with this. Now, no meter if outside is freezing or hot, my lips dry out in about one hour period and then, even sometimes, crack and cause me bleeding. Please, could someone tell me what the hell is going on with my dry and chapped lips and is there anything I could do to prevent this from happening? Thanks!

Hello. The answer on your question is very simple and I would gladly tell what it is about.
I don’t know how much you know about basic lip structure but you should know that your lips do not have any sweat or oil glands unlike your body skin. Now this means that your lips have no natural moisture at all. So, logically, your lips dry out faster than your skin as moisture evaporates from the lips much faster than from skin.
Your lip cracking is just a mild form of possible side effects because there are much worse things that could happen such as increased the risk of inflammation or infection and burning sensations.
The solution is simple- I recommend you to use one product called Lip Ointment that I have I used for years. It contains penetrating analgesics to bring cooling relief to lips and moisturizing ingredients to hydrate lips.

Hey Verna,
One thing I do for my lips that has helped alot is drinking more water in a day.

Also coat your lips with vaseline before you go to bed and they'll be softer in the morning. You lose alot of moisture through your mouth when you sleep.

hope this helps