Hi people. So since I was a kid I was struggling with my weight. I didn’t find the solution in food but in fitness. I am 28 years old and I am doing fitness for 7 years now. Every day, every week. That is something that I enjoy in and I love it. But recently I notice that I have a chest discomfort only when I am exercising. So I guess that this chest discomfort is caused by exercise. Can you tell me more about this? Do I need to be scared because I am not? Should I visit my doctor?

Hello there.

Maybe it is nothing, maybe you just stretch your muscle. But that doesn’t mean that you should not visit your doctor, right?

Generally, chest pain is not something to ignore but you should also know that it has many possible causes. So, chest pain may also be caused by problems in your lungs, muscles or ribs for example.

Also you need to know that some of these conditions are serious and life threatening.

Chest pain can be :

• Sharp,
  • Burning,
  • Aching,
  • Dull,
  • Squeezing.

What is your pain, what type of pain?

Good luck!

Good afternoon guys. Well you can call me crazy but I was at gym today. And again I force myself. After that I went to swim because I believe that swimming can't do any harm to me. But I was wrong because I came home and I just couldn’t handle the pain :/ I think that my chest and my whole body hurts :/ I was thinking that I stretched my muscle as well but now it seems to me that this is not an option. So I called my doctor and I told him that I need to see him. I am going to consult with him in three days. Can you tell me should I stop with gym and other sports?

Hey there fitness!

I want to ask you one question – are you out of your mind? I do understand that someone is into fitness and sports, but when you are assuming that you are having some possible heart conditions and chest discomfort, you should check this immediately. You should never joke with it.

And you know why? Well, here is one example – my friend had similar situation and he was thinking that this is nothing wrong. He had heart attack after seven days.

Now think about this one more time and make a decision what is more important – your life or sports!

Hey everyone.

Well, you are obsessed with fitness just like my best friend Lazarus is. I think that I will never understand this. I believe that your health is most important in this situation. It is hard to tell with what your chest pain is related but according to those that you told us I believe that you are dealing with stable angina. This is chest pain that usually occurs with activity. In your case – gym.

Your heart muscle needs a constant supply of oxygen and the coronary arteries carry blood containing oxygen to the heart. When your heart muscle works harder it needs more oxygen.