I am havinv chest pains that start in the upper abdomen and continue up through my sternum area. Frequency is growing. Pain is a dull but annoying one.

What can cause this? Should I be concerned? Recent colonoscopy showed everything ok. Blood work shows ok. General physical shows nothing.

Could be many things. A lower test is usually not that helpful when the pain is that high. A pain under the sternum is usually an Upper GI issue). Could be something as simple as "heart burn" or indigestion.
Could be a hiatal hernia, gall bladder problems, even an ulcer.
If it continues, try an antacid. If it still continues, call your doctor.

Hello there Randym59,

Well as far as I know the most common causes of upper central abdominal pain are gastritis which is inflammation of the stomach or erosion of the lining of the stomach, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, biliary colic, and heartburns.

It is hard to determine what is from all this so you will need to see your doctor to get the final diagnosis and the result. Usually, in people who are over 40, heartburn is the most common cause and this is something that can cause you severe problems if you don’t change your life style.

So first head to the doctor and after diagnosis start to work on changing or reducing the cause of your problem. good luck.