Good day. I have this problem that i started to experience ever since i got a new job where i have to stand for many hours at a time, with little or no rest. I started getting this shooting pain on both sides of my neck and the pain would last for couple of hours. Now even when i sit down it still hurts and the pain shifts from my neck down to my lower back. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Friend told me i should get a massage from a therapist and i was about to go but then my brother in law said it would be better to visit a chiropractor.

Now i dont know what to do? Is there any difference between these two? Where should i go if i want to get rid of this pain as soon as possible? 

Start with a good massage, icing, easy stretches.  Make sure you are wearing low heel comfortable shoes also.  Once you start with a Chiro he will want you to have adjustments on a regular basis.  Do you have insurance or want to get into that regiment?  You can probably take care of yourself is you are willing to.

If money isn't an issue, see a good chiropractor. It can be fixed in one or two treatments, but since employers started covering chiropractors in their insurance plans, many have chosen to stretch it out to months or even a year of treatments, sometimes two or three times a week. Craziness.

A good physiotherapist or massage therapist can be of benefit - but the first issue to face is: if you abuse your body, making it perform beyond its capacity of limits, you will experience pain and eventually injury.

Talllady11 was right to suggest you check out what footwear you are wearing while on this job. Standing for hours isn't good for anyone - especially with little or no rest.

I had a job which required me to do the same thing. My knees swelled up and my feet hurt so bad I walked home like someone crippled up with arthritis. I quit and found another job where I was moving and sitting as well as standing. I'd encourage you to do the same.

Care for your body - it houses you and carries you your entire life and deserves to be treated with respect for its needs and limits.

when i had strain in my neck my dad did massage and it release muscle. so go with the massage...