I Recently found out that i tested Positive for Chlamydia and I AM taking Doxycycline Hyclate 100mg tablets Twice a day for 10 days...

THREE QUESTOINS:

1) I just started Menstrating and was curious if it was safe to wear Tampons? I know they don't expect us to just bleed all over the place, but is wearing a tampon a safe thing to do? will it lower my chances of getting rid of it?

2) Does the Doxycycline ALWAYS get rid of Chlamydia or is there a chance that it will NOT get rid of it?

3) I know that Chlamydia can lower your chances of Fertility and i was curious as to how long it takes to make a woman infertal?

answers to ANY of these questions will be much appreciated!

Thank you!

I can't speak to the gender specific questions as I'm a man and I didn't pay much attention to the woman's section of health class, sorry! If memory serves Chlamydia is easily treatable and curable with antibiotics. You used to hear about a lot of people dying and going crazy from it back in the middle ages but since the advancements in medical science I don't believe it's permanent.

Hi there I am 18 and got diagnosed with chlamydia August 2013 I got rid off it ended up getting a new partner and contracted it again in September 2013!! Does getting it twice in a month make it more dangerous or shouldn't it matter if I go get it treated right away?? Please write back x

I am in your same situation. Only that I got Chlamydia got it treated possibly a month and a half after finding it. Got rid of that partner got a new one only to get tested, on a routine visit after being cleared from the initial infection, and being diagnosed with it 4 months later. My partner tested negative though! I'm curious to know if it s possible I was misdiagnosed the second time or if it didn't fully clear the first time? To answer your question, prompt treatment is good, recurrent infections will decrease your chances so be careful.