So, for the past couple of years, I've had horrible stomach problems (diarrhea, nausea, bloating, etc.) in the morning and after I eat certain foods, and I've also had this horrible pain on my left side. It's this sort of dull, wrenching pain that get's worse and worse... it comes on in waves and makes me want to curl up in ball. After 30 minutes or so, it's just gone. I've had kidney stones before, that's what it feels like, but I've had every, and I mean every test done...(colonscopy, IVP, endoscopoy, along those lines) and they say it's not that. :-( I have problems with my ovaries (cysts), but only on my right side, and they don't cause pain anyway.
And just recently, after one of these "attacks" comes on, it sort of twitches in that spot. I have good weeks and bad weeks, too. I'll be ok for a month, and then be down again the next day.
I've been to the GI, and he had the endoscopy done and said I had some gastritous. I figured that counted for all my stomach problems, but this isn't some gas pain on my side. Nothing brings it on, nothing can make it go away. I also had the colonoscopy, and it showed I had an extra loop of colon, but that didn't mean a thing either. For the ovary problems and GI problems, they stuck me on birth control, and antacids, muscle relaxers... but I only take the birth control and antacid; they seem to actually help.
The GI can't help me anymore and that he thinks I have IBS on top of everything else. I'm 16, and I really need to get better. I'm already half homebound, and this pain is actually stopping me from being able to concentrate to get work done. I promise I wouldn't be complaining if it didn't hurt- bad. I'm unusually exhausted most of the week, and it's just becoming disabling. Can anyone think of what the pain may be? Perhaps not even GI related?
I'm becoming desperate for a concrete answer, so any help is appreciated, thanks so much-
Brittaney

I am wondering if inguinal hernia could have caused the symptoms that you are experiencing.

Hi, did you consider that this is a problem considering your colon? This is a long period of time that you are having these problems. Maybe you will need to remove you colon. This can be very disturbing thing and you are right when you say you can not concentrate. I had some stomach issues my self, and it is not good at all. Good thing I had them only for month, and I condole with you considering that you have this issue for years. I wish that you will get better as soon as possible.

They say I have nothing wrong with my colon I also had, I believe it's called a larascopy? (The one where they look at your insides with the camera through your stomach) That's how they saw the strange loop in my colon and how my ovaries are a bit messed up... but thanks :]

and I realize it should be abdomen, I wish I could fix that >.<

Don't worry about the spelling errors. They're common here so it's not a big deal! I feel badly for you because it sounds like you are going through a really rough time and it's hard for them to tell what your issue is. I wonder if it might be diet related? Have you been tested for celiac disease? I know that a lot of the symptoms you describe sound like celiac disease which can come on suddenly. It looks a lot like IBS but is less common. You might want to ask for a test if you haven't had one.

I agree with healthfitness guy. I had left-sided horrible abdominal pain for two years, went through every test in the book and multiple specialists. Then at the the advice of my sister I tried an elimination diet and figured out that gluten was the culprit. Pain was gone after a week being off anything with gluten and then when I tried adding it back it caused the same pain. Hard being off gluten but dealing with the constant pain was worse. I wish you the best and hope you find an answer soon.

sorry i just had to a post a reply somewhere so i could post in another forum (new user here). again, i apologize.