Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help with a possible diagnosis. I have had left side pain (upper gastric area - next to ribs), constant nausea, and most recently diarrhea after eating and sleeplessness with restlessness. Six months ago, I had my gallbladder taken out; thinking this was the cause, it still exists after the gallbladder is gone. I've had endoscopies, colonoscopies, and will be having a new procedure involving barium and an xray; everything has come back negative with the exception of the new procedure (hasn't been had yet). Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? The left side pain gets worse with food and activity, yet never seems to go away. It's frustrating and completly stopping what life I have, does anyone have any answers? Any info would help, being in and out of hospitals and surgeries are getting old and wearing.

My mom is having almost the same symptoms to the letter. Have you recieved a diagnosis yet?
Thanks

I am experiencing the same thing -- did you get a diagnosis/resolution yet?

did you ever check your pancreas? Sounds like possible chronic pancreatis..(hopefully not). Also i've read that ulcers or small ones just starting out can be missed sometimes (since they're only a few centimeters wide)

try some enzymes, acid reducers or avoid caffeine..and go back to your GI specialist and ask... :S good luck.. (I might have that problem too..your symptoms match mine)

*i'm hoping it's just a plain ulcer...

I have the same thing They can't find anything I was told that after the gall bladder you can just have this pain

pls i have the same problem for over the period of 10 yrs now.i have try many doctors, home and abroad i have done coloscopy and endoscopy 3 TIME IN FRANCE ,CT scan and X try IN ENGLAND still the problem remain same story,pls if u have any ideal or any place to viste to get my heath back pls i beg of u to help my doctor keep telling me there nothing wrong in my text

Sounds like gluten intolerance...possible progressed to Celiac Disease.  Eliminate ALL gluten (protein in wheat flour)  from diet for 2 weeks to determine if symptoms subside.