Hello. I came here to see if anyone else is experiencing or have experienced what I am going through. Here is my story:

I went to New Orleans on vacation May 27. Before I left for my trip I had a bad cold, and an ear infection that I was prescribed amoxicillin for. The antibiotic came on the trip with me but by the 2nd day I was done. The whole trip I was fine, but I did not have any bowel movements for 4 days and was very bloated, my stomach looked like it was expanding. Finally on the 31st I began feeling nauseated and had a bowel movement, I figured it was only because I had not gone. The stomach ache did not go away and I had about 3 or 4 regular bowel movements that night. Stayed nauseous thru morning, no more bloating, my stomach was flat. The plane ride home that day was very rough so my stomach was still upset. Basically the first 4 days I was home I had a horrible stomach ache. It wasn't constant, just on and off but I could still eat food. Eventually I felt better. About a 2 weeks or so later I started getting horrible headaches, dizziness, fatigue lasting for about 3 or 4 days ... I went to the ER (CT scan was fine, blood was fine) and was sent home with xanax and the diagnosis was a migrane. Felt better a few days later. Then the stomach ache came back last Sunday (6/29) and it hasn't really gone away. It's not constant. I've been sticking to bland foods: toast, applesauce, banana's, rice, etc. I can't eat alot in one sitting. Most of the stomach pains come at night. Went to the ER on Thurs (7/3) and had blood tests done, all was normal. She recommended me going to see a Gastroenterologist (mind you, I have NO health insurance). She also prescribed me 10 pills of Metoclopramide for the nausea. 2 days later, I had a 3 hour issue with a horrible pain behind my breastbone (heartburn?) that eventually went away with tylenol and pepto and a good hour walk through my neighborhood. I have an appt with a Gastroenterologist on July 23rd. I also have an appt with a psychologist on Friday because I do have a history with anxiety attacks/issues.

Anyone have any ideas of how to feel better?
Or possibly what could be causing this?
I don't want to rule out anxiety ... when I begin to feel sick I do feel a kind of panic ... sweating palms, feel the need to get up and do something (can't sit still), crying, scared ...

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I am taking a multivitamin daily - it's One a Day All Day Energy

I did a little research and found that sometimes multivitamins can make you sick? I've been taking it for about a year now and my symptoms started a little over a month ago.

Do you think I should stop taking it and see how I feel?

My mom and mother in law have had a lot of stomach problems. I think diverticulosis is not uncommon so you should have them rule that out. They say to stay away from all food containing seeds - eg tomatoes, corn, and also nuts. you could try that and see if you get better.

also, i understand antibiotics sometimes cause a condition called c-diff colitis. I don't think this is detected with a blood test, but rather a stool sample. You should have them rule that out as well.

My wife and I are having this problem as well and it has been going on for months, with no letup. It seems to be getting better and the comes right back. Know I am getting much worse each time it comes back. The doc has done all kind's of stool samples and blood tests and have not found anythig. Do you have any Ideals as to what it is. Paul

Thank you for your responses.

Like I said I am going to the Dr. (specialist) on July 23rd and tomorrow I am going to see a Psychologist just in case it is anxiety/depression related. I have been doing a bit better over the past few days. I'm able to eat small meals and not feel sick. I just am nervous now, alot, which makes me think maybe it is all "in my head."

When I go to the Dr. I am going to ask about parasites. I believe I may have picked something up when I was on vacation, the other 3 people I were with each got sick at some point on the trip (with their stomachs) but they were able to get over it within 1 day. I also think diverticulosis could be an issue, although I don't really eat the food you mentioned. But I will def. be consulting with the Dr.

For the gentleman who said him and his wife were experiencing the same issues, maybe ask your Dr. about parasites. I heard they are easily treated with antibiotics and they can live in your body for years (and possibly be transferred) and not spark any symptoms, or suddenly out of nowhere they could flare up.

any other ideas would be appreciated too.

Hi I just read your posting and I too suffer from anxiety as well as these horrible tummy aches with a little bit of heart burn as well. My Doctor keeps telling me that it's either Dairy or Wheat maybe alittle IBS but it doesn't get any better. Most evenings I am doubled over in pain.

I do believe there is something more to it than IBS because I do not have any other symptoms. And don't let your mind play tricks on you it is not your anxiety causing the other problems. Presist with your Doctor.. as that is what I am doing .....

Did you ever come to a conclutions on this.? i am haveing the same symtoms!