I have heard that clove bud oil is good for a toothache. Have any heard of this? How is it used? Do you just pour it in your mouth?

No. Not unless you want to visit a hospital. Clove `bud` oil is very powerful full strengh. Dilute to 1 %, put on cotton ball and rub on the gums. A q-tip with a drop can be placed on a sore tooth. Do not drink pure clove oil and keep the oil away from children.

dose this work right away if dose take time  ?

Hi roseimpala,
Clove bud has many good properties. For instance it is good to relive pain or you can use it to fight fungal infections in your body. It is also good for inflammations because it can control and alleviate inflammations from injuries or infection. My mother used clove bud oil for toothache a lot, and it helped her many times. If I remember this correctly I think she just put few drops on cotton swab and she applied it on the gum that surrounds the painful tooth. I think the effects should be felt immediately. It works pretty fast.
Have you used clove bud oil for anything else? What tooth is giving you trouble and have you went to see a dentist?
Good luck,
Danella

I'm using it now and works like a charm use a few drops on qtip