I am having great difficulties in maintaining my relationship with my boyfriend. He is an occasional cocaine user, at least he was. Now he uses it once a week, while before it was once in a month or even in two. He started changing and I can clearly see where this is going. He says he is trying to stop cocaine, should I trust him? It is not as if I'm a saint, I had my share of weed and stuff, but this is too much.

Well, to be honest, that is a strange way of getting off cocaine, increasing the number of usage, I mean. Anyway, I guess you are bound to sit him down and have a serious conversation. If he really wants to get of it, then you have to suggest him to get some professional help. There are specialists, whose only job is to help those with problems similar to your boyfriends. So, getting him to an institute would be the bets help you can give him. Still, it is not sure that he will be successful. A lot will depend on him.

I am having the same problem with my boyfriend. I am not sure what to do. He is nice one day then we fight over nothing the next day and he wants to break up with me. It is really hard.

cocaine has been know to cause alot of problems in relationships. i my know first hand when i lost my gf during my cocaine troubled days. now i will admit i still use it. and theres no excuse. i myself have said i will stop. believe me its not as simple as it sounds. when a man such as myself says he will stop, it means he wants to but he cant. and any reason to do it again is on top of his mind. although i have never been abusive, rowdy, and start trouble, im really nice on it. the only thing i feel is guilt. i feel high, then paranoid, then shamed. when i look at my gf face i see dissapointment. belive me u can tell if a man really loves you. on it or not. if he loves u he will feel guilty, if he dosent he wont care and chooses the easy way out by arguing and wanting to leave. only to run out of money then wanting to come back home. please dont start a fight, it only makes it worse. all this brings is his or her excuses to do it. if he stops reward him. letting him know you are there goes a long way. you will see weather he wants a change. if they dont, then u have your answer. time to go. love is crazy and most stick around to make sure nothing happens to you, but in reality thats not fair. if they leave u have no one to blame but yourself. i myself should head my own advice. best of luck to you beautiful people who try and stick it out. u are heroes. but heroes can only take so much.

I just left my boyfriend who is a cocaine addict. He uses twice a week as he says but i think he does more often..When he was under cocaine he was the nicest, caring and loving guy. But without it he was completely different, paranoid, bi polar, very moody, very hyper, and depressed. He could get irritated from nothing, acted very mean towards me; it’s like dealing with two completely different people. Its very hard, you don’t know what to expect. They all say they will quit but its a total lie, they lie a lot, all their life is a lie and they don’t even realize it. Cocaine is one of the highly addictive drugs, even if he is not deep into it and he gets clean there is 99.9% that he will get back to it.

My advice -Do not trust him, if he uses 2 times a week so its a complete addiction and he will soon start using it every day because as more as they take the effect of it decreases and they need more and more often.