Good day there. I am really sad because today I needed to bring the hardest decision in my life – ever. I am a midwife for 30 years now but since I was diagnosed with hearth failure I was not able to do my job the way I should. I was planning doing it at least for 10 more years. :( Now, I was forced to retire due to heart failure and I don’t know what to do. My daughter told me that I should focus on the treatment, but I don’t have a will for it. Can you tell me what are my treatment options?

Yes dear, I will tell you your treatment options and I need you to cheer up. What do you mean you don’t know if you have the will for treatment? Your daughter is right, the only smart thing to do now is to focus on the treatment. Do it for her.

Treatment options include: medicines, lifestyle changes, physical activity, maintaining a healthy weight, healthy diet and sometimes when none of this helps, surgery.

Make sure that you quit smoking if you are a smoker.

And ask your doctor to recommend you a healthy eating plan that will suit you and your condition.

Hey. Don’t give up! It is hard, but you can’t give up for the sake of your friends and family. You need to focus on the treatment. It is hard, sometimes nobody of us who have some health problems want to struggle with it anymore, but you have to. You have millions of reasons for it. The treatment option can include lifestyle changes, medications, devices and some surgical procedures, ongoing care, etc. And every of those treatment is very successful.

Don’t drink or smoke if you are doing that. Try to live quality and good life with long walks. It is going to help you.

Hi there dear lady. I just can imagine how you are feeling now. It is very hard to abandon a job that you love. But you just can’t give up. Sometimes it is very hard to struggle with any disease, especially when it comes with heart failures and issues. But you can treat it. You told us that you have a daughter. I believe that she doesn’t have kids, but she will. And you will be playing your role again.

You have so many treatment options, but since you are older lady I recommend you to accept any kind of treatment with medications and of course, don’t forget to be active. Long walks will be just fine.

Believe me, you are lucky that you are in a place where you can retire. I had a disease that’s not as serious as yours but it affected me badly. It affected my social life, it caused me several mental disorders and I eventually ended up diagnosed with depression. Through all this time I was forced to work. I tried showing my medical files to my boss but depression was not a real illness according to him. He said that we are all depressed but we have to work. It was a real torture. So please be happy that you can retire and focus on your health which is the most important thing.

Hey.

I need to tell you that I totally support Marcia, it is a good thing that you are able to do this at all. You should not be that sad, since you have your family with you. You are not alone, and this is the best thing that can help you in this process.

If you are already that appreciated in the hospital where you were working at, go and visit some of the best doctors in there and I am sure that they will tell you what are your treatment options.

Early diagnosis of this disease can help people who have heart failure live longer. So, one of the treatments include: heart – healthy eating, maintaining a healthy weight, some physical activities and of course, if you are smoker – quit smoking.

Hello there. I think that they are going to prescribe you some medications and a big possibility is that they prescribe you some other treatment in the combination with those medications. My aunt has heart failure and she had this therapy as well. I am sure that you are going to be OK especially since you are medical worker and you know a lot of good doctors. I think that you should focus on your treatment now instead of feeling sorry because you are forced to retire. Like someone in here told you, you should be lucky because you can go in retirement.

Hey everyone,

It's not really a big deal Guest, it will change the way you used to live until now, that's for sure, but change on its own is a good thing. If you weren't used to eating healthy food already, now is a good time to get used to it. Diet plays a very important role here.

If you are a drinker, it's okay. If you used to drink like, a lot, just drink smaller doses now. Don't exaggerate with it. If you are a smoker, you must, and I mean must quit smoking. This is very important.

The doctor might prescribe you with some medications, but not necessarily.

Hi Guest,

Hello everyone else. 

The treatment depends on how serious your situation is. I'm guessing that it's not serious enough for you to undergo surgery, otherwise you would know already. 

With the surgery not being an option, you are left with medicines, special dietary programs and changes in the life you had before this had happened. You mustn't expose yourself to any physically hard jobs or tasks, you should also avoid getting stressed out. You have to quit smoking and drinking (in case you used to do it before) and you need to eat healthy food. Meat, fish meat, no fast food, eat lots of fruits and vegetables.