Hi, my sister is suffering from Sjogren's syndrome and she also had very big problems with pain in her joints. It makes her very big complication as she is very young, 24 years old, and she like to take a walk and go out with her friends. She is taking medications which her doctor prescribed her but the pain is still presented.

Hi, I am also suffering from Sjogren's syndrome and I had experienced very strong joint pain. I was using non steroid anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen and it helped me but not always. Also I went on physical therapies which make my stiffness easier. Thing that helps me very much is swimming and I would suggest your sister to try it too.

Hello there cordula,

I am so sorry to hear that your sister has been diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome. Unfortunately most of the autoimmune diseases are causing joint pain and this is because immune system of the body is attacking healthy cells of the organs and tissue. This usually presents as the attack on the joints, blood vessels and organs.

The best way is to treat the cause and it is usually done with anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen. But if this doesn’t help than your sister should consult her doctor of some better solution and maybe even changing the therapy.

Swimming and different kinds of physical therapy could be very beneficial for her. I hope that she will find a best way to fight this disease.