Hi, I have a question that is about my friend. She is forty five. After some health problems, she decided to see a doctor. Some tests were performed and she was diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome. It affects her mouth. The doctor started a thrush treatment. What can you tell me about Sjogren's syndrome and thrush treatment?

Hi, Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune disease. Our immune system is responsible for acting against all the threats to the health of our organism. Sometimes parts of our body are mistakenly recognized as a threat and our immune system fights it. As a result, illnesses like Sjogren's syndrome occur. The characteristics of it are dry mouth and dry eyes since it is the moisture glands that are affected by this condition. Sjogren's syndrome can affect other organs as well. What happens is that the affected parts are inflamed. There is no known cure for Sjogren's syndrome. The treatment consists of treating the symptoms of it. As for the thrush treatment, the doctor probably prescribed some anti-inflammatory medicine. He might have also prescribed immune system depressants. It is good that your friend has contacted the doctor. It is also important that she informs him about all the changes and new possible symptoms that may occur.