Hi, I have met my very good friend yesterday in the cafe and he told me that his wife was diagnosed by crest syndrome soon after she born their baby three months ago. He looked very depressed because of that and I tried to give him some support and encourage him. However I am not so familiar with this disorder so I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, my friend is also suffering from crest syndrome and she has pretty big problems with it. It is disorder which affects connective tissue in the way that it loses its elasticity and became harder. This syndrome may be consisted from several disorders which include calcium deposits in the skin, Raynaud's phenomenon, esophageal dysfunction, hardening of the skin on the fingers and dilated blood vessels close to the skin surface which cause red marks on the skin.