Hi, I am in menopause and opposite to all other women I get old flashes. Why is this happening? Am I the only one with cold flashes or it effects other women as well?

Hi, I don’t believe that finally there is someone out there having the same as I do. I thought something was wring with me, as it seems that cold flashes are never mentioned as sign of menopause. I have been searching for advice on "the coldness" and had very little success. It lasts for hrs and is profound. Heat can not improve this condition nor did extra clothing. I started to take Climara as advised by my doctor. It has provided me great relief. My endo told me that estrogen, or lack of estrogen is responsible for this condition. Now, I am taking medications to prevent any further symptoms of menopause, but you need to check with your doctor about safety and risk of developing hormone related cancers.