I brought her to the Dr. and she said it's just sores & told me to keep her out of diapers for awhile & prescribed her antibiotics. So the next day she wakes up and she has a brand new blister on the opposite leg. I am furious what is this and why do they keep coming up on my baby? It is not a rash - it is blisters the size of a quarter & they look very painful. >;)

There are specific diaper rashes and most exhibit small red bumps. Blisters are more severe but still considered a diaper rash. The blisters are from Impetigo. Impetigo occurs when bacteria invade the damaged skin. Their appearance is coin-sized blisters or red raised patches that ooze a honey-colored crust. The only treatment for the blisters is prescription antibiotic ointment as well as general treatment for diaper rash. Keep your child out of diapers as much as possible during this time. And, of course, very clean. Lay your baby on a towel (with a waterproof pad underneath to catch accidents) with her bottom up. Do this as often as you can. This will help dry out the rash, which is important for the healing process.

Hi:
It's true that medication might take more than 1 day to work. However, GET SECOND OPINION IMMEDIATELY....please. This is clearly abnormal. I'm not sure what "just sores" means. On the lighter side, could the elastic from the diaper be irritating the babies leg? On a more sensitive side...Be aware of who is attending your baby. That's a hard question, but in today' world, it's a necessary and important one. Maybe the doctor was convinced that it's a diaper problem, but if you're not satisfied, that's what matters. Another idea is to take your baby to the emergency room of a very reputable teaching hospital in your area. You will get answers at that kind of facility. Because you will be in an emergency room, there will be a sense of urgency to the situation. That's my very serious advice to you. You are that baby's spokesperson.