I have son that gets some strange blisters on his skin. I am so much scared that I do not know what to do. My mother came to my place and when she saw him, told me it must be impetigo. I have never heard for something like this, so I would like if you could share some info about impetigo with me. I do not know if I should take him to the doctor, he is only 10 years old so I am worried.

Impetigo is a skin infection that is generally caused by one of two bacteria, whether it is group A streptococcus or Staphylococcus aureus. Impetigo usually affects preschool and schoolage children, especially in the summer months, so that is usual problem. A child may be more likely to develop impetigo if his skin has already been irritated or injured by other skin problems. Impetigo usually begins as tiny blisters. These blisters eventually burst to reveal small wet patches of red skin that may weep fluid and gradually, a tan or yellowish-brown crust covers the affected area. This is making his skin look as it has been coated with honey or brown sugar.
Second type of impetigo may cause larger fluid-containing blisters that first appear clear, then cloudy, and these are more likely to stay intact longer on the skin without bursting. Impetigo may affect skin anywhere on the body but commonly occurs in the area around child’s nose and mouth. Impetigo may itch, and it can be spread by scratching, this is important info about impetigo you should know. The infection usually spreads along the edges of an affected area, but may also spread to other areas of the body because it is contagious. It is commonly that infection can spread to other household members.