Please give me some direction, I have HIV and have been diagnosed since 1996 but when diagnosed my counts where low enough that the doctor had mentioned by the look of it, I have been positive 10 years prior to that, and prior to that around 13 years old. I was diagnosed with Euing Sarcoma I thought that was my big fight (lol) anyway, Just a recap of life as short as I could type it, and the reason why I'm asking this question.
I have been thinking for about this for a long time. I would like to try and get rid of some toxins in my body and read alot about colon cleansing and would like to try it. I'm always tired and was wondering if this was o.k. to try, I didn't know if it would react to my meds as far as absorbtion problems? I really want to try it I've seen pictures (GROSS) but if thats in there it must not be good for you. Has anyone with HIV done this yet? can some one let me know what possible side effects would be with HIV.
or can you lead me to a site that has the answer to this question? I can't find much information or I'm not lookinng in the right place.
thanks soooooo much
LS

Here's the thing Seamonkey, a colonic is a great idea for people who are not immune compromised.

See, with HIV, you can lead a virtually normal life these days but you still have to take some precautions, especially when it comes to your health. The natural flora in your rectum and colon can be wiped out by colonic irrigation in individuals who don't have HIV, so take that into consideration. These natural bacterium help fight off infection. Your rectum and colon are not built to take things in. It's basically and output system.

If you can take a herbal and oral colon cleansing system, you might want to do that first.

But, please consult with your medical doctor. Some cleansers have garlic and I know that garlic can actually impede the efficacy of HIV antiviral meds. So always talk to your doc.

-concerned friend

Doctors are a joke they will always tell you no . I was told I could not take vitamin c