Is safe to take 'colloidal silicon dioxide' included in other ingredients of a dietary supplement? Any side effect?
Best regard
William

Colloidal silicon dioxide is just one of the ingredients that serve as a coat for the pills - it shouldn't be dangerous at all because colloidal silicon dioxide (on a pill or a capsule ) is simple ultra-thin layer of processed silica and silica is not dangerous even if it would be digested without any precautions that are taken, especially in the pharmaceutical, industry.

Thanks nikols for your reply! If a citation included, it would be even better! Thanks again. William

You're welcome... but citation for a little more than common knowledge for my practice, so...

Hello William, 

As nikols said already, colloidal silicon dioxide is found in almost all coated pills, even the ones children can use. And it is used not only in pharmaceutical industry. I was somewhat surprised when I saw “How things are made” science show and found out that basically the main ingredient of the toothpaste is finely ground silica.

It’s used because it has absolutely no reaction when it reaches your digestive system, it just gets naturally unchanged through it. So, I would imagine that only side effect you might expect to happen is to eat too much of the toothpaste – or take too any supplements, but than other substances would be responsible for causing smaller or even more dangerous side effects. Than, why would you do such a thing.

I am taking Hydrochlorothiazide for High Blood Pressure 25mg but I am having heavy swelling in my ankles and knees.Do this medication have buffering in it?