I just went to see the family doctor for a headache I have been getting on my left side, just behind the eye, for a couple of months now. Do you know what he told me? That headaches like that are really common, and to improve my sleeping and eating habits and drink more water. I feel a bit put out now, and I am not sure what to think. Do you think these things, mentioned above, are really what is causing my headaches?

My friend, that sounds like a typical migraine headache. Please Take Excedrine migraine pills. They should work in 20 to 30 minutes. I suffered with them since 1998. I went to so many doctors for them to say the same statement they said to you. I even went to a neurologist back in 2000 and they found nothing in my head. They also prescribed "immatrex" but I was told that excedrine works so I tried it and it works for me 99 percent of the time.

I'm fed up with these migraines. I'm making another appointment with a different neurologist and have them do an MRI this time. I waited too long to do this. I believe an MRI will tell you more about if you have tumors in there or not.

To answer your question, I think your doctor should investigate more into why your getting these headaches. For me I learned that when avoiding certain foods my migraines won't appear. Too much sodium gives me extreme migraines I found out. I do think its a food factor. too. I would get a second opinion on another doctor.