Hello, I have some questions that I REALLY need answers too.

I have a rather large amount of foreskin and when I become erect it stays over top. I didn't even know it should be pulled back until I was 15. (still am 15, btw). Anyway, I did some online research and thought it was phimosis. This was until I noticed the front was easier to stretch then the back. When I was full erect I started paying attention to the back. I noticed the frenulum started rather high on the glans, was very noticable and didn't seem to be very long. I noticed that while pulling down more I could see it almost being stretched out.

I stopped to make sure there was no tearing. So, by this point I can only retract my foreskin, let's say, half way down. I am wondering if my case is so severe that frenuloplasty will not help.

Do I need to have a circumsision? I am fond of my foreskin, and would have to have say goodbye, but don't want to be a virgin my whole life.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Whenever you see, just please post a response.

Thanks :-D

Who are you, lol?

Well, thanks anyway.

Does anybody know?

Most sites showed pictures of someone that could full retract, but the skin was tight and the head bent over a bit.

What about for someone who can't pull the foreskin all the way back? Is that to severe to even have the operation?

Thanks in advance.

Today (Friday March 30th 2007) i underwent a frenuloplasty operation:

i have a tight foreskin and short frenulum (presumably not anymore but havnt had courage to look) and circumcision is not the option ok.

I am 19 and until november 2006 i didnt even know i had to retract my foreskin and then once i tried it seemed to painful to go through with, but after more practice i fully retracted my foreskin behind the glans, honestly it gave a slight sharp pain but nothing else just a weird feeling came over me.

I then found the frenulum breve, overtime this piece of skin attached to my glans became slightly thicker but no pain, i could just about after much usage retract my foreskin behind my glans when erect but it took alot of weeks to loosen.

i was worrying like crazy about this frenuloplasty operation and couldnt sleep especially last night.

when i arrived i answered a few questions and got ready for surgery, once i arrived in surgery i was under local anesthetic which is better than general anesthetic as there is no side effects and you recover quicker. the urologist made 3 incisions on my frenulum which gave a sharp pain/prick which honestly wasnt pleasant but nowhere near as bad as i was anticipating. he then made 2 more incisions but hey presto i neva even knew because the area had already numbed, they began stitching the frenulum up without me knowing and all was over in 10 minutes....actually the sorest part of all was when the gel used to rub around the area got on my legs then the cloth stuck to my legs and i practically got waxed, that was the worst pain overall and we had a joke about it.

a frenuloplasty doesnt exactly lengthen the frenulum it ties it up so it blends into the foreskin enabling a fuller retraction and the fear of ripping and bleeding is gone. there will be some scar tissue which may be visilbe but not too much, i will let you guys know in time to come.

after the operation (9 hours ago) ive felt a few twinges here and there but have yet to need my painkillers which is surprising, you can go to the toilet as usual there is no pain.

you should be able to return to activities in 10 days and anything seuxal at a minimum of 3 weeks but it is at your own discretion what feels comfortable.

overall i am currently happy with the operation and would gladly answer any questions and will update in the weeks ahead as to my recovery as information is scarce on the net i would like to contribute and help others.

Thanks

Haha, up until I was on holiday I didn't realise I had a large foreskin (much to the amusement of my pals) and only then put 2 and 2 together, and realised that men in pornos weren't all circumcised!

My foreskin doesn't go back, but it's most due to the tight frenulum. I can pull it right back erect, with the frenulum going white with tension. I think I'm going to book myself in for a frenuloplasty. Also, it doesn't mean you have to stay a virgin. It doesn't affect you having sex.

does it damage any nerves
or is there risk of nerve damage
the scar tissue is what worries me..
it doesnt look weird afterward does it?
im glad im not alone in this.
how much is frenuloplasty?

Yes it does affect sex, if its a bad case then it will be sore to touch for 2-3 days afterwards, still have stitches in me now from the op, but I am very pleased with the result. It will almost look normal once the stitches are out.
I dont think there is risk of nerve damage, they are only snipping skin.

i had frenuloplasty done 5 weeks ago. i was put completley under and dont remember much of my stay at the hospital, but the stitches stayed on for 10 days and they fell on their own. I keep reading that it's such an easy procedure but in all honesty i bled for 2 days and for the entire time i had the stitches in it was quite painful! after 3 weeks i started having sex again and now five weeks later i have no problem retracting my foreskin. I DO HOWEVER still feel pain where they cut the frenulum, the scar isn't really visible but i could feel it through the foreskin when flaccid. I'm wondering how long it takes for the soreness to completely go away i'm hoping someone who has had this surgery reads this and can shed some light on their experience. DOES ANYONE KNOW? thanks.

Quote:

Hey, I'd really like to hear more from the person who wrote this long, detailed report.

You did an excellent job describing what was expected and what happened.

Now, can we get an update? More than a year later, what is the status?

And, may I ask that you copy your original posting into a new thread, titled Frenuloplasty or Surgery of the Frenulum?

Thank you very much!

And for the rest of you guys who have had the procedure, please give us updates on your status and the lasting aftereffects...good, bad, so so...

Hey everyone

i just turned 18 and decided i should gain the confidence to tell my parents about everything and get a frenuloplasty.

It feels great to just spek to a professional (Urologist) who knows about everything and can answer all of your questions!

anyway i had the operation thismorning. It only took about 10 minutes at the doctors surgery room so i wasnt even at hospital. The doctor also used local anasthetc so i didnt get 'knocked out'. The needle for this was somewhat painful for about 30 seconds but after that everything goes numb so you cant feel anything. the whole process is more uncomfortable than painful i would say. i havent even needed to take painkillers yet although i might have some before bed tonight just incase. i have been able to go to the toilet fine without pain also. havent tried washing or anything because it does look a bit sensitive down there.

I will try to keep you updated on what happens over the next week or so!

:-)

I had this done 3 years ago. I had a problem where I basically couldnt have sex because my foreskin wouldnt go down far enough, and it just hurt. I went to the doctors who put me through to the urologist. I had an appointment there just a check up then I had the op a few months later. I went in under local and the only painful part was the injection. Seriously, although I was nervous (who wouldnt be) it was fine. I didn't feel a thing. I literally had no pain whatsoever after the injection, not even over the next 2 weeks. I didn't take any painkillers or anything. Now you cant even see where they did it. Biggest and best decision of my life. And there is no nerve loss or anything like that. If you have a problem, get frenuloplasty itll sort you out and youll be able to shag every hot girl you get into bed.

wow you guys thanks for all the replies.
im a 17 year old living in los angeles california and i have the same problem but im having a problem finding a doctor that does it around here
anyone know one? ull be helping me out a lot =/..
and yes im scared to sleep with girls because of my problem and want to get it out of my way before i go to college...

Hi everyone,

I'm 21 and recently had a frenuloplast performed. It's been about 4 weeks now and I'm afraid that it was not successful, and I'm not sure what to do next. The procedure doesn't seem to have helped the problem whatsoever (the foreskin is still as tight as ever). A few weeks ago, when I could finally retract my foreskin without wanting to scream in agony I noticed the problem hadn't resolved itself, and went to see my Doctor, who basically had no concern whatsoever and told me that if it wasn't good in a month to then come see him again.

I'm wondering what the next step is? I mean I really don't want to have a full circumcision but I can't go through life having sex that is often times really painful. Does anyone have any idea what an alternative next step could be?

Thanks!

Im 12, my frenulum is so short it's almost not even there. I read something that said that getting frenulopast at an early age (before puberty) lucky for me. It's much easier and less painful, and less noticeable than if I got it at age +18. I'm okay with it, but I just don't got the guts to tell my parents. Should I tell them and let them help me, or wait till I get to like 21 and secretly do it? If I confront my parents, what should I say? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!. plz reply.

Thanks