I am 23 years old and about 2 months ago I had a tonsilectomy due to having 6 tonsilitis attacks in 8 months. I had never had tonsilitis or even a sever sore throat in my life before this year. With that, I got my tonsils and adnoids removed. After my surgery, I have had constant sore throats. A while ago, I noticed that my uvula was shortened and I figured that might have something to do with the pain but I don't think so anymore. Every morning when I wake up, my throat is extremly sore but then it dies down a bit through out the day. However, by dinner time my throat is back to the same soreness of the morning. Does anyone have any ideas of why this might be happening?

Hello, Im 21 with the same problem:( i just had my tonsils removed 9 months ago. But during the last 5 months I keep getting sore throats. Some so bad my whole body aches and I feel like I have the flu. It usually feels about as sore as the 10th/11th day after my tonsilectomy. I can eat but I need a lot of Ibuprofen. Ive never had so many sore throats in my life:(