Hi there,

Two weeks ago I went to see my doctor because of severe stomach pain which came on suddenly, as I was cooking dinner. She did a physical examination of my stomach and suspected appendicitis, so I was referred to the surgical ward and had a stay in hospital. Was taken off food and water (had already been off both for almost 2 days prior to this). Through the night, I began to get some shooting needle-like pain up the left side of my body and around to my back. Was given more painkillers and antibiotics through a drip. By the next morning however, I seemed to feel okay. Had more energy, felt ready to walk and so I asked if I could go home. Later that afternoon, I was discharged (no tests done, no medications given) but told to return to the hospital if my pain returned.

Unfortunately that return was all too soon. The following day, actually. ED diagnosed Gastritis and GERD, and I was sent home with Losec and Mylanta (2 months supply). And they said that they wanted to test for Helicobacter at some point following that medication. That was all fine and well, although I have yet to notice whether or note these are helping me.

Almost two weeks later now, I have been feeling tired despite how often and how well I sleep, can only manage to eat 3-4 mouthfuls of food (bread, bananas, rice, pototoes - body doesn't seem to be tolerating anything else) before getting a feeling of fullness, got constant pressure pain in my chest, shortness of breathe, pain in the right side of my neck, my right arm and my shoulders (back) are extremely uncomfortable. Needless to say, I have become quite worried about what is happening. So I saw my doctor again.

My blood pressure is now high and my heart rate is too fast, beating rapidly and constantly that I can hear it when I lay down. Tomorrow I have to return to the hospital for a chest x-ray and stomach x-ray. A full blood count, C.R protein and liver function checks were also done by my doctor today but I am awaiting the results which will be known tomorrow morning before my x-rays.

My question at this point is, has anyone else had all of these symptoms together? And if so, did you manage to find out what the cause was? I am just trying to get an understanding of where this might be heading.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully someone out there might have some idea.

I have these to. I have had them for many years but they are very bad at the moment. I have Lyme. The Lyme has also at times caused my heart to race and my blood preasure to go up.

I don't have any answers for you, but wondering what the results of your tests were. My boyfriend was also recently diagnosed with Gastritis, and has many of the symptoms you described (including fullness after only a few bites, really bad pain in his right shoulder). They did an edoscopy and coloscopy, and the Dr. believes he has Helicobacter but isn't sure yet. He's been on some medication for about a week, but he seems to be getting worse rather than better. If you have any info to share or advice that may help him, we'd apprciate it!

AngieN2,
I am experiencing the same thing you are. The gas is giving me severe chest pains as well. The doctor just prescribed me an antacid for the gas. I thought that was werid since I didn't have acid problems. She told me the gas that is in my intestines is pushing in my diaphragm and that when I breathe that is pushing on my lungs and that is why I am having the pain. All I know is that it hurts bad and I want something to relieve it. Please keep me posted on how things are going for you.
Thanks Jeri

:-( AngieN2 - what was the outcome of this post? I have the same thing; right shoulder pain, pain in back at shoulder blade, tiredness, some dizziness also. I had an endoscopy in Aug of 06 and was diagnosed with Esophagitis and gastriris (mild case per Doc). Can you fill me in on the outcome?
Thanks....

Hi.. i know you posted a long time ago but I am wondering if your issues were ever resolved. I am currently having ALL of the same symptoms as you had. I had an abnormal HIDA scan and had my gallbladder removed. I was fine for a few months and now all of my symptoms are returning.

I know you posted a long time ago, but I am wondering if you were able to find an answer to all of your symptoms. I have ALL the same symptoms and seem to get no relief. I did have an abnormal HIDA scan and had my gallbladder removed in April. However...it seems that all of my symptoms are coming back.
I would appreciate any help.

i am suffering bad shoulder and right arm pain now bout two monts or more nting shifts it i also get tired dizzy and panic attacks any answers?

I have had issues like this for over 10 years - particularly the shooting pains in left chest and down my left arm - had loads of heart tests but they never showed anything up and I was always OK when running or doing sports

I had an op in 2002 to tighten up my pyloric sphincter and cure a small hiatus hernia - after some months the pains gradually went but they cam back just over a year ago - I knwo the sphincter is still tight cos I sometimes have food blockages where it is tight if I eat too quickly. Also I can't be physically sick - an occasional side effect of the op - not nice but better than the alternative

I have come to the conclusion that work related stress brings the syptoms back - I think this is cos the gullet was sensitised during the original illness and now 'acts up' if i am a little under the weather stress-wise.

My advise is that drugs didn't help at all in my case but the op worked great for a while so get it if you can - you will lose a lot of weight afterwards too - I was on liquid diet for weeks until the sphincter loosesne dof and i could eat again

I am suffering pain too similar to you but more likely pointing pain my head,shoulders,chest and my bones at the back.
I'm getting stressed thinking how can i get rid of it.I haven't check with my doctor mybe tomorrow.
I wonder mybe cause of parasites because i live in philippines before.so i decided to do cleansing i don't know
if it's gonna work.

AngieNZ wrote:  Yes I do have all these feelings.The doctors tell me that I am suffering from severe gastritis.I made endoscopy test twice but nothing shows.They say it all hyper acidity.I even sometimes feel the pain around my kidney.

Hi there,

I have also had this problem and oddly enough the ER doctor recommended Gaviscon extra strength liquid and it has worked great. I have use it for years and it works fast and effectively

Hello just wanted to share that I have also experienced most of the symptoms as everyone here, mine started a month ago on my left arm then the pain traveled all the way to my shoulder, chest, and back but went away after about an hour and a half. A month later i started to get the same pain once again on my left arm almost like bone pain which was extremely uncomfortable, then traveled to my shoulders, chest, and back, almost as if it was a process. Got checked at emergency room and everything checked out fine. A week later here I am once again with the pain on my left arm as I type away. Im really hoping it doesnt travel to the other areas I mentioned cause tha pain is terrible. My question is does the pain become a process for you guys and does it seem to vanish after a certain time phrase?

i feel that exact sharp beedle- like pains in my right shoulder. i was diagnosed with H. pylori & been on PrevPac meds for 8 days. Med side effects are a nightmare. That shoulder pain is either the HP or the meds. Thankfully I'll be done w/ treatment in 6 more days.

I too have experienced all of those symptoms...severe neck and shoulder pain, pain between my shoulder blades and dizziness. I have episodes here and there but never like the one I am currently going through... I cant eat anything past 3-4 bites of whatever I am eating. I dont really have much of an appitite for anything at the moment but I make myself eat atlest 3 meals a day. Ive been sleeping on my bedroom floor for the past week. I have not visited my physician because Ive been told the same thing countless amounts of time...walk, rest, drink fluids and stay away from "starchy" food. Yesterday I decided to stretch and to message my neck and shoulder. I noticed that after about an hour later my migraine lifted...I took a nap for approx 1 hour and when I woke up I went right back at it. Stretching long, deep breathing and neck and shoulder message. I noticed that my stomach and lower back began to feel full as if needed to pass gas.I took a walk later in the day and as the gas began to pass i noticed that the pain in my neck and shoulders started to decrease. Ive been stretching and pinching the knots in my shoulders throughout this entire day and I am pleased to say that my pain level has gone from a 9 to about a 6. I cant say this this will definately work in every situation but those stretches, messages deep breathing and even sleeping on the floor has helped me tremendously and I have noticed that my appetite has picked as well as my energy level. I hope this was useful to someone...