It's been three weeks already and well im still coughing. When i first noticed the coughing the first week, i woke up the next morning with major chest pains as if someone was sleeping on me that whole night. But then that only lasted a few nights. I never had a high fever, but my coughs were always filled with mucus. Around my second week of still coughing I woke up one morning and noticed that I had a green discharge of mucus and well I thought my coughing days were over. But then later on that night i noticed that my coughing were getting worst and everytime i would cough I would have a painful squeeze at my heart. That only lasted for around two nights. Im now going on my third week of coughing and although the coughing is not AS bad, you can still tell that my coughs are caused by a secreted irritation. Also, I just started to notice that my throat is now sore on the left side as well. Could this be just a simple case of bronchitis? I would go to the doctors, but im a full time student and i work everyday and this is the only time that i could manage to find time to look up information.

I'm afraid that you will have to find some time to go to the doctors as soon as you can, because all these symptoms are lasting for three weeks already and yes, they very likely are liked to bronchitis, but the problem is that bronchitics is infection that very easily can spread to your lungs so you would get pneumonia. You have to get antibiotics treatment before things get worse.