I had my gallbladder removed in August of 07. I have had bowel problems since then. My surgeon said it would only last for a month....yea right. I have diarrhea everyday usually only the first meal I eat though. It has almost taken over my life. I have to plan when I eat for the first time so I can make sure I am near a bathroom. I have read some of the other posts about suggestions on stuff to take, but I didn't see any about where I can find the stuff. Has anyone tried just taking amodium? Not sure if I spelled that right. This is so upsetting to know I have to live the rest of my life like this. Any help will be really appriciated. Thanks.

hi, i had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago and have since been told ibs can be quite common after surgery which seems like you have and i have the same problem and have tried imodium and it does work but only take in the morning or after any other loose bowel movement as you could become constipated so make sure you increase your fibre intake ! also if you find your geing cramps your dr can perscribe antispasmodic or you can get them over the counter her in the uk not sure about other countries but the contain the meds hyoscine butylbromide hope this helped .

I had gallbladder surgery almost a year ago and still have stool urgency, its so horrible, I am fine one minute and terrible the next