Hi, I am ovulating on the 11th day of a 28 day cycle which is kind of early for me. I was just wondering if ovulating early will make my period come early.

Community Administrator

A 28-day cycle with ovulation on day 11 would mean a 17 day long luteal phase, which is pretty long! Early ovulation can definitely cause an early period. The length of the luteal phase is determined by the hormone progesterone that dominates after ovulation, and not by a woman's ovulation date. A long luteal phase, beyond 16 days, is very rare. 

I just mentioned something about tracking your ovulation in your other post, but you clearly already do that. :) Which method are you using?

Olivia

oh okay. Well i kinda just realized i calculated it wrong. It was actually a 33 day cycle and i ovulated on the 11th day. Would that still mean my period would come early? I dont use any kind of ovulation kit or anything to track it. I just go by when i start feeling a little crampy and when i start having more egg white looking discharge.