I am 47 years old female.. I had dis cough wid out any fever,body pain.. The cough just started.i am a diabetic patient I take insulin wid medicines.i had thyroid which was treated a year back and my doc had asked me to stop my thyroid meds a year back, but recently I was again diagnosed with thyroid and blood pressure. So I started takin medicines fr both. I have this cough wich leaves me shaken I have tears in my eye.. While I cough it's painful... I get clear thick saliva in de Kleenex.. I am not gettin sleep... As soon as I eat any thin I start gettin the coug..to stop or suppress de cough I take a gulp of water... Please help me out.. I am getting depressed...had done all the tests the doctors can't find the cause they are sayin everything's fine

What is your diet? Also, if you happen to have a fairly high BMI, you could be at risk for GERD or LPR. Do you ever feel an acrid taste in the back of your throat when waking up in the morning? Do you drink plenty of water to begin with?

i used to be 67kgs but after de cough started i lost 3 kgs...ll chk abt de acrid taste and let u know...no i dont drink plenty of water..i drink only wen i feel thirsty or to stop de cough

Did you find out the cause behind your cough. If you have, please tell me too. My mother also experiences such sudden coughs with the same symptoms, like becoming teary eyed. It is like when a person chokes while swallowing food which sometimes enters the wind-pipe instead of going its normal way. But in her case its more persistent and maybe its due to her saliva entering the wind-pipe. She gets relief after a gulp of water. It happens 6-7 times a day. Sometimes it is less frequent. She is also receiving treatment of high blood pressure and thyroid (high TSH) and too has lost significant weight over time.
Thanks.