Hello! My brother started to work in refrigerator repair shop few days ago. Yesterday he came from work and told me his colleague had burned his fingers with freon. I have never heard about such burn. Is that possible or is he only teasing me? If freon can burn that means my brother works in a dangerous place. How to treat freon burns on skin?

Hello! Yes, Freon can burn the skin. Although such injuries are called “burns”, they actually cause freezing. In this case the person should be treated for frostbite. The affected areas should be placed in warm, but not hot, water, until tissues are soft and after that the affected tissue should be wrapped in sterile gauze. Since your brother works with hazardous chemicals he should wear protective work gloves and other safety clothing

I was burned with R410-A two days ago woke me up last night hurting and is throbbing with pain now what treatment do you recomend

I've been injured a few times by r410aa, and I always treat it with silver sulfadiazine you can get it over the counter as well with prescription

Should you pop the blisters on a Freon burn