ok, i'm 14 and i was wondering if i hadn't had my period yet and had sex,could i get pregnant or not. i have had my period so does that mean i can get pregnant??? :? :?

You can’t get pregnant before you had your first period just as you won’t be able to stay pregnant after menopause. In order to get pregnant you first, have to have unprotected sex and second, you need to have fertile egg available. Only time in a month when you have available fertile eggs is during your ovulation which lasts for about a day or two. Menstrual cycle is closely related to this. When a fertile egg is released from your ovaries during ovulation and that egg doesn’t get fertilized, it causes tissue that was preparing for pregnancy to rupture and bleed. So, menstruation is a sign that you are fertile which means that you potentially could get pregnant.