Hello! My doctor suspects that I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, but his colleague suspects on appendicitis. I really believe to my doctor and that is why I want to heck with you could Irritable Bowel Syndrome mimic the symptoms of appendicitis. This is very important to me. Thank you in advance!

Hello.

I would strongly recommend you to make an appointment with your doctor soon. When it comes to appendicitis, sometimes it can be a difficult thing to diagnose. Generally, I am almost convinced that doctors think about appendicitis when patients present with right lower quadrant abdominal pain, fever, and decreased appetite. Those are the usual symptoms of this issue and sometimes they are different than those that occurred due to irritable bowel syndrome. Once you learn to make a difference between them, you can understand the symptom as well. But just one tip for you - symptoms due to irritable bowel syndrome almost never include fever. On the other hand, it can happen when you are dealing with acute appendicitis. That is why you should visit your doctor. Tell him all about how you feel. 

Hello! I can tell you that Irritable Bowel Syndrome can imitate symptoms of appendicitis, but, just to be sure, do tests for appendicitis. As you probably know, appendicitis is not naive disease at all and if it is not treated well from the start can lead to the death. So, just because preventive do appendicial CT scan.