Hello! My sister had problem with appendicitis. She is 27 years old. Now everything s all right, but I want to know something more about this disease. I have found a lot of things, but I cannot find anywhere at what age people usually get appendicitis. Is this connected to the ages at all? Thank you in advance!

hello!

I believe that there no rules and people get it no matter how old are them. For example, I know one girl, she is 29 years old and recently she was diagnosed with acute appendicitis, so as you see, no more rules when it comes to diseases like this.

I was reading some researchers in the USA and I found out that one in 20 people will get appendicitis. Even if a lot of us do believe that we are safe, it seems that we are not because appendicitis can strike at any age.

Sure, it is rare under the age 2 and most common between ages 10 and 30. So your sister is in that category, just like that girl I know. 

Hello! Well, I can tell you that people of any ages get appendicitis. But, some statistics researches found out that the most people gets appendicitis between 10 and 30 years of age. But, I also can tell you that appendicitis gets older then 30 years of age and younger then 10 years of age, too.

I am 60 years old and just returned from the hospital, have come through surgery for acute appendicitis. Another strange enigma is that I had no rise in white blood cell count, but did have most of the symptoms. I also have a very wise doctor.I am doing great!

I am 58 years old and just home from hospital after having a gangrenous appendix removed. Two nurse friends have remarked that I'm "too old" to get appendicitus, but .... apparently not! Very painful, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, and because of my age, I am likely headed for a longer and more difficult recovery than some one younger, but that's life.

I'm 67 and just had an appendectomy. I went to urgent care and that doctor thought it was gas and tried to send me home. So I went to the emergency room, they did a ct scan and took me to the operating room.

Hi! My girlfriend is 49 years old. Is it possible she can have appendicitis.

I am 64 and just had surgery for acute appendicitis. I had no fever. My white blood cell was high so I had a CT scan. Recovering from the surgery, even tho laparoscopic is not fun.

I hope that doctor was castigated, and has learnt a lesson?

i got mine out at age 5

Good to hear I’m 66 and currently lying in a hospital bed waiting for mine