My problem started with a nasty cough in March.  This progressed to head congestion and my hearing was affected.  That is now gone, but I still have major pain on the left side of my nostril, eye, cheek and gums, usually toward the end of the day.  I found that I had a nodule on my lung through a chest x-ray and after a CT scan, the report suggested that this nodule may be fungal related.  By this time I had been on 3 antibiotics, the last by an ENT doctor.  My primary care doctor thinks it is Valley Fever and other than prescription nose drops twice a day, I am to let my body fight on its own to get better.  Each morning I feel pretty good, but as the day progesses, the pain on the left side of my face begins, but can usually be controlled by Excedrin, or at least dulled.  I read that fungal sinus problems are pretty serious.  I hate the idea of another CT scan.  Any suggestions?   

All the symptoms you have described - from unfortunate finding of nodule on x-ray to pains that get worse at night, are the symptoms of valley fever, but I don't quite understand why would you be treated with antibiotics when valley fever is caused by fungus. And the fact is that, for most people, doctors recommend only rest and painkillers because the condition fixes itself up. Only in cases when it doesn't - that is why you definitely do need another check-up, anti-fungal medications are prescribed. But doctors usually wait with these because they are known to often cause side effects. 

I had valley fever last sept 2011. I am still not well. It was diagnosed through blood testing. You need to get tested if you have it actively. I had horrible night sweats, cough, sinus issues and bronchitis. sinus issues are still with me. also horrible residual mucus in throat and white tongue that will not abate. It is a never ending struggle to get relief.
I feel for you.. Oil of Oregano (North american herbs and spice company) worked wonders. tastes bad but works. also olive leaf extract capsules. lots of probiotics and nasal saline sprays/washes. good luck.

oh, also had HORRIBLE fatigue with the valley fever...fungal infections can really mess u up but I believe we can all heal with correct diet, time and lots of prayer..

You can also add in grapefruit seed extract and a berberis product that contains berberine. This will usually be barberry and oregon grape root with berberine alkaloids, and a little bit of golden seal. A tincture is probably best, but capsules can be tried also.

I am deathly ill for the third time. This time beginning in the head, and when I ran out of my herbals as discussed above, Vit. D. and Probiotics it went immediately to my chest and gave me pneumonia. I may have had a chronic meningitis for two months now, with a severe ringing, but has softened with antibiotic for Pneumonia. Doctors are either intentionally leaving me to die or just plain stupid. The state wants it under the carpet due to tourism. I finally just picked up the antifungl drug. Have to try it. If insurance doesn't get me to Mayo Clinic soon, then I will take myself there.

I think Diane was treated with antibiotics before they knew she had Valley Fever. I would strongly recommend another ENT visit and get a coronal CT of the paranasal sinuses. Remember there is just micrometers between your sinuses and your brain and eyes. Antifungal drugs such as Itraconazole, amphotericin B, Ketaconazole, Fluconazole, and Natamycin should be strongly considered along with vigorous sinus care.