Hi, three weeks ago I was stunned. During a regular checkup at the doctor, a lump of some kind was determined in my breast. I was told not to worry too much. Another appointment was scheduled for the further analysis. I heard that in these situations a fine needle biopsy is performed. Could this procedure damage lungs?

Hi, first of all I must say that you should have confidence in your doctor's skills. I know couple of cases where prior to needle biopsy an ultrasound was performed. A fine needle biopsy has the aim of removing fluid or a part of the tissue of the lump. The next step is the examination of them. This way biology of the liquid and tissue will be known. That is when the final diagnose will be made. You should not worry. There are minimum chances that needle biopsy can damage lungs. As I said before, you should trust your doctors. Also ask them about anything that might interest you about your condition. I am sure that they will answer all of your questions and eliminate any doubts.