Good day. My name is Amanda and I am 45 years old. I was divorced and since that day I didn't see my daughter. She is mad at me and she is blaming me for divorce. She is 27 years old, she is a big girl now. But I haven't see her for four years. I just can't describe you how I feel. Everything that I know about her is because her best friend is telling me about it. She called me today and she told me that my Emilly has mitral insufficiency. What this is? Are there some other terms for it? 

Dear Amanda, I am reading your post and I am crying. I just can’t imagine how you feel. And if I were you I would be extremely mad at your ex because he haven’t told you that your daughter is sick. Do you even know when she was diagnosed with mitral insufficiency? Mitral insufficiency, mitral regurgitation or mitral incompetence is a disorder of the heart in which the mitral valve does not close properly when the heart pumps out blood. It is the most common form of valvular heart disease. But to help you we need some other information. Can you find out? 

Dear La Yl La, you don't have idea how I feel about this. I don't know anything about my lovely daughter, my ex won't communicate with me at all. Maybe it is my fault because we are divorced, but that doesn't mean that I can't know what is going on in her life. I am not sure, but I think that her friend told me that they found out about this a few months ago, but they didn't want to tell anyone about this for some reason. What are other terms, I want to talk to my doctor about it. Thank you.

Look, one thing is very important for you to know in this case – it is not your fault. You got divorced, so what? You are not the only one…I think that you should seriously talk to your husband about this because you are the mother and he needed to tell you this. She probably had some symptoms such as vomiting. You should ask her friend about this a little bit more. I am not sure what are other terms, you should ask your doctor and he will tell you. He will also help you about certain things. The therapy is important for this condition and maybe doctor will prescribe beta blockers for her.