Celebrity

Hello everyone. 

A couple of days ago, I have switched to an electric toothbrush. I have heard that it is good and that it can keep my teeth clean all the time. I have heard that it can chase away all of those dirty things and food leftovers better. So, I have bought it and I see that it is good. But, one of my friends told me that I shouldn't use it since I have a problem with bleeding gums. What to think about this? Anyone had similar experience with it? If this is true, can you tell me why I can't use it? 

It depends on what kind of toothbrush you are using. If you have a low-cost toothbrush then you can't expect to feel better or something. More expensive toothbrushes are a totally different story. So, I think that if you have one like this, you don't have to be scared and definitely you can use it for a bleeding gums treatment.  Remember that an electric toothbrush has so many benefits, but most importantly, it can be more effective in the total cleaning your teeth and removing the more plaque, speeding up your recovery from any type of problem. So, fell free. 

I think that generally an electric toothbrush is OK, since it removes almost everything from your teeth and your gums, but I am not sure how electric toothbrush can be good for this. I mean, when the toothbrush is an electric, does this means that you don't control the power that helps you brush your teeth? I mean, isn't that a bad thing? In that case, I would always vote for regular toothbrush, I would avoid the electric one. Generally, I am not fan of anything electric that goes in the touch with my mouth and my teeth, maybe that is why I am saying this. I am not an expert, I repeat, it is my opinion :)

I use an electric toothbrush since forever and so far I never had any issues. Sure, I was afraid of this "power" and this electricity when I had a bleeding gums issues, I still do, but my dentist told me that I really don't need to be scared since this toothbrush also can maintain my teeth cleaner than ever.

I think that electric toothbrush CAN'T destroy your teeth and your gums, but consulting someone who can tell you more about this is better than anything else. Also, it is very important to know how to brush your teeth properly. I don't say that you will notice some alarm changes, but you will notice it for sure. 

Well, my dentist told me that it is totally OK to use a electric toothbrush in cases like this one, but I still haven't dare to use it. I have to confess that I am a bit scared about this. I mean, I always thought that those electric waves can make it even worse, that this electric toothbrush is good, that it cleans everything perfectly, but still skeptic about this little issue.

It is not that I don't trust my dentist - I really do because he solved so many of my problems, but I never was using an electric toothbrush - I don't know how to behave with it now.

Hello there. Nice topic in here, I must tell you!
I really take a good care of my oral health and I need to tell you that I've done so many researches when it comes about electric toothbrush as well. Like everything, it has its pros and cons. Before I start, I just want to say that I still use a manual toothbrush :)
I am kind of old school :)
Anyway, electric toothbrush are easy to use, two minutes will go away soon, it removes bacteria, plaque, etc from you teeth. When it comes to a cons, they are expensive - and that is it basically. But still, I do believe in an old, good manual toothbrush :)

Well, I am not sure since a electric brush can destroy your teeth. So many researches show this. A main reason is because so many people are actually using a toothbrush in the wrong way. You know that your dentist somehow someday told you that if you are rubbing your teeth too hard, you can damage it. Well, with an electric brush, I am not so sure how you can dose the power of it, you just let your brush to do its job, right? Well, that is when the complications and damages happen and I am not using this because of it. I also would not use it if I had this problem.