Hello

so I am a 19 year old white male.. I had a lip reduction surgery on my lower lip since it was really big. And made me look like I was pouting. 

1 week after most swelling went away. 1 month in the house passed and almost no swelling left. I can see a change but its still pretty big. I have read various people expiriences and most say the same why Q$/"4 do doctors do not reduce them like we want? we dont want a small change we want a big change and not come again for another.

Anyone else done this procedure? How much did you have to wait for final result to be seen?

I am a little dissapointed since it was reduced just a little bit I wanted an extreme change, about halve its before size. But it is just a tad smaller. my lower lip still looks further out than my upper lip if you look at my face from the side.

I also had the operation on both lips.  I am about to complete 1 month this upcoming Thursday.  I still have a little bit of swelling on the top lip.  My doc told me that it's better to take a little and not a lot since you can always have a further reduction.  I don't want to have another surgery.  I read that it can take 3 months for the final result.

I also read the 3 month wait.

but its not like is going to be 3/4 of what is today 1 month in after 3 months.
Oughh either way I will have to wait those 3 months.

I read that they usually take 3 to 8 mms off.  Did you tell your doctor what you wanted?? 

DId you get the cut on the dry/wet line or inside the mouth near the gums?

happens they were still swollen even 1 month after, At this time they look pretty normal

although I haven't gained sensibility. My lip still doesn't feel normal.

The inside is still swollen for me.  I am taking Arnica and Bromelain to speed the process.  The doc gave me the green light to use these products since there homeopathic. 

Felipe - so the bottom lip looks the way you want to now??

pretty much,,

now I am desperate waiting to having the lip feel like before. Its still feels like if I have something external to my body hanging there..

Hey guys - I am in New York City and had a consult with Dr. Jones today. Thinking about getting it done next month. Which doctors did you end up choosing and were / are you guys happy with everything?

What doctors did you guys end up using? I j

heyy.. I am not in the USA so cant comment

I do suggest you do it when you have at least 1 month of vacations. So you dont have to move your lip for nothing.

Even after 1 month of doing nothing when I talked with friends and have to move my lip rather than talking without moving it, it gets a little bit swollen and it is numb. (not a pretty sensation to have in your lips)

Results will be seen after 2 months.. at least for me. I my opinion is worth it but its not like doctor say "1 week off and you will be back to normal"

I used a doctor in NYC.  I am still swollen and numb on both lips and i agree with what felipe said about taking a month off.   I am still waiting for all the swelling to go down.  It might take anywhere from 3 to 6 months.  I am waiting for the final result and normality to come back.  

Katonyc  - Which doctor did you use in NYC? I just had a consult with Michael Jones and wanted to see if you suggest him or any other doctors in the area. What did you think of your doc? Let me know, trying to do this in the next few weeks. Thanks!

I am getting my revision lower lip reduction done next week by Dr. Lam in Texas. I had two surgeries before but they were not successful and I still have a big lower lip that protrudes and looks extremely odd. My upper lip is just fine and normal. I am having trouble talking to people and being rejected because of my lower lip. That's terrible. I am seriously hoping that Dr. Lam can help me as he has done plenty of lip reduction surgeries before. I will keep posting updates after the surgery. If you have questions, please let me know. 

wait for 1 more month than only come to any conclusion.bcz even i ha dlower lip surgery 10 days back and doctor told me to wait for 2 month for fonal result.so don't worry it will be all right.

I just had both upper and lower lip reduction surgery 2 weeks ago. So far I am ok. No swelling but I feel numb on lower lip. So any one who wants a lip reduction surgery , I recommend Dr Joe Niamtu , Richmond ,va.