Hi Ivory,

I wondered if you have gotten your lip reduction - I am considering getting this procedure - and looking for a good surgeon who can produce good results.

any info would be appreciated.

Hi! What do you find to be wrong with your lips?

Mine are both puffy and I have always hated that because everybody would think puffy lips when talking about me or mentioning my name. They were so obvious. I mean, they still are. Although most of my friends liked it, I didn’t and ever since high school I dreamt about reducing them.
Then, a month ago, I started doing a little research about the whole procedure. I was reading different reports and many women seemed to be satisfied. But, I also read about the possible complications like scarring or being permanently numb. This freaked me out the most and now I see it as a risky investment. I am still thinking about it though. I haven’t seen any surgeons yet but I found this other board with so many available surgeons, so I will check them out.

https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/anyone-tried-the-lip-reduction-surgery&name=Anyone_tried_the_lip_reduction_surgery&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What about you? Do you think you have enough information about the surgery to actually undergo one? Have you seen any doctors?

Best regards
Simone

looking for a surgeon in torrance california who can perform the lip reduction surgery please let me if ther is a surgeon you would recommend .
thank you,
nicole
*******************

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

I suggest first seeing if the plastic surgeon is part of the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) or American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and then type his name on a search engine to make sure he or she doesn't have any surgery malfunction claims filed against him. If he checks both of those areas, you've done your research.

I have had lip reduction (2002). I would suggest that you choose your surgeon very carefully. Be sure to ask about asymmetry and if the doc would correct asymmetry for free.

For me, I had neither the time (work FT) nor money to see many different docs, and I was anxious to get it done. I found two that offered free counsultations and so I only had 2 to choose from.

I had no problems post op, but I do have minor asymmetry, more noticeably on my top lip. The shape and size are not the same on both sides.

The surgeon was like "sometimes it's like that" when I showed him the asymmetry. He was afraid I would make him correct it for free. (He charged a lower fee for a revision, but it's not free)

So learn from my experience. Pick your surgeon carefully.

Cost me $2700 + $800 for general anasthesia + tax = $3600. :-D

Great doctor in Annapolis, MD. Only got 2/3 lip reduction done as he was afraid of making look abnormal. :-P But, I told him my red lips are abnormal already. So, remove them completely and I will not be abnormal. :$
Please read my posts in 'Anyone tried the lip reduction surgery'

hi

could you tell me have you now had your lips reduced? how long did it take for the swelling to go down? are you glad you have had it done?

kind regards
karen