Has anyone tried this and liked their results? also do you have any before and after pics I could view? Im really thinking of getting mine done cause their huge and when I take pictures they look sooo big.

Hey uugirl89,

I'm also looking to get this procedure done on my bottom lip cuz I feel very uncomfortable when I talk to people because of its size.

I've seen a couple of docs who have done this operation with who showed me b4 after pics but I still feel nervous to do it.

What state do you live in and are looking to get it done?

Yea i feel my bottom lip is to big and i want a very subtle reduction and I'm still debating on a small upper lip reduction as well. I live in Tn and Have only been to two docs and one told me he didnt think it was so big. But the other said a very small reduction would be fine, he said he didnt want to give me a "white womans lips" because Im black. But ofcourse I dont want that I just want a very small reduction so my lips flatter my face.

I typed lip reduction into aol and google search engines and there are some pictures, Im just looking for more. Where do u live?

I live in NY. I also am a black woman and want to keep an ethnic lip, my bottom lip is kinda has a droopy look to it so i want to have it pulled up a bit , so just a very subtle change is what i'm looking for, plus I do not want family members and friends to notice a big change at all.

You right, there are not a lot of photos of lip reduction as there are lip augmentation. It is an easy but unpopular procedure. But I do hear more and more about it from this site and other sites that claim certain celebrities did it ex: kim kardashian, jlo, kelly rowland, jay-z, lil john..(not sure that this is all true but i wish I knew so that I could feel more confident to do it)

My fear is that I don't want it to look unatural..I've seen some pictures of patients that look like they are holding their lip in instead of it just looking naturally smaller. That's what I fear the most cuz that look looks very unnatural.

When are you planning to get it done?

Yea I don't want people looking at me like what happened? lol I just want the lip to look more refined. I saw those websites about celebs who have had plastic surgery to, and its intresting lol. I try to look at their before and after pics to see if its a big change or even real. Jlo looks like she may have had a little one done.
O and the doctor I went to said most women would love to have lips that are full like yours and Im thinking not as big as they are! and when I would call around to ask if the doctors did lip reductions, the nurses on the phone sounded like huh? I guess cause most people want lip injectors lol.

I would like mine done in the next month or two.

I was reading older post and people sounded like they posted pics up of their before and after, but I couldnt find a tab that said pics.

Lol, yes I def thought the same thing about jlo, and if she did, that's a damn good job and that's how natural I want mine to look.

Wow, in the next month or two, that's pretty soon. I guess you are ready and have more guts than me girl..Well with me it's also the money issue though, I am still saving a little more before I could get it done, so hopefully by January so it could be the start of celebrating a great new year lol.

Yea, I've tried to check other people's lip reduction pics on here too but they only show their before or just their after.

Well I admit that it feels great to know that I'm not the only one going through this insecurity, but I don't know anybody from NY that I can share my story with that has the same problem.

Have you ever talk to a patient who has done the procedure at all?

Do you have an email cause I don't always get a chance to log on this site. If you also want to exchange numbers to talk about more info on the procedure and follow up that would be great..let me know i'll send mine through email not here of course lol. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

where do we go to view other people pictures on this site? is there a picture vault? No I dont know anyone who has done it. I really dont even want my friends or anyone knowing I hate it done lol. I was hoping since its just local anesthisia and I'll be awake after I can just drive home. Yea is there a private message thing on here. I kinda wanted to get mine done before school starts so I have time to heal. Have you thought about any other procedures?

Some have posted their before or after lips pics on some of these lips reduction forums, you just have to browse through all of the topics with lip reduction cause I do not remember which one. It's too bad they don't have a picture post section on this site.

I see you want to get yours done before school? How old are you?

No I have not thought of going through other procedures.

Have you found any surgeons you've considered at all yet?