the very center part of my nipple always falls off in very tiny pieces and usually grow back if i don't bother and pick with it. This has been happing for sometime now. Does anyone have any idea what i should do..i think it may be some kind of breast cancer

I have the same completely bizzare problem!! If it IS a problem, I don't know... If you ever get an answer about whats up with that, please post it! This is the only thread I've read (after extensive online surfing) that mentions exactly what I (apparently WE) have. I'm real embaressed to talk to my gynecologist about it... so if you ever do learn anything, please, post away!

Wow the same thing exact thing has been happing to me for quit some time now. Did any of you ever find out what it is?

The same thing happens to me... I was starting to get worried and googling everywhere to find more info but this is the only one i could find that matched my problem... But I am sure that with all 4 of us there is nothing wrong and that it is normal...

I have this problem except mine hasn't grown back and I'm way too embarrassed to ask anyone. I've surfed the internet like crazy and this is the only site I found. Please share any information and I'll do the same for y'all! 

It may be severe eczema?

I too have the same thing! It only started happening when I was pregnant for my first child (which was 5 yrs ago). I always figured it had something to do with milk production. Do all of you have children? Or does childbirth have nothing to do with it???

Hey guys, I was the first to reply to this ages ago, and to answer above^^ no, I'm still a teenager and was just hitting puberty when it started. I agree with a previous comment that it is a form of eczema. I've gotten myself a dry skin cream thing, and don't wear anything but light, looser-fitting t-shirts to bed, or just whenever I can. I'll post back if/when I start to see results, though I suggest all of you try following this as though it were eczema, or at least talk to your gynecologists... 

I have the same thing and it hurts until it falls off. I have found that I put polysporin on it and a bandaid do nothing rubs it. The small piece turns black then heals. It also started after I had my son 9 yrs ago. Hope this helps.

I've had the same thing for about five years now. I am still a teenager but I am alittle worried. Breast Cancer runs in my family. beside's that, I have an indentation in my nipple. could i possibly have cancer?

Regarding the indentation-- if you were BORN with it, it is nothing to worry about. If it happened later in life, talk to your gynecologist about it. Remember, you should be giving yourself regular breast exams to check for lumps. If something strange starts happening (like an indentation suddenly forms) it could be the sign of a tumor, so just get it checked out! Your gynecologist will be happy to help, and it is much better to be safe than sorry! :)

I had the amerhing happen to me, the piece grew back but Im still curious.

I have the same thing, Its gotten a tad bit better with being pregnant but it started around my teens. my firt GYN was really concerned about it considering orginanly we thought it was caused by the lump that i had rtemoved (a cyst) but that was in 07 and it '12 now and its still here its becoming really annoying as ive been told to do cream that has alot of zinc in it and all kinds of lotions and nothing helps. Its becoming painful and im worried about how i will breast feed (if i can conisdering the surgery removing the lump may have intereferd with that) but if i find something that helps ill post it. The dr's have all told me that they have never seen this before. maybe just because im from a small town??

So glad i found this. I have had this problem ever since i hit puberty. I am not sure if it is something to worry about. I have a hunch it may be an infection of some sort... only in one nipple. the center crystallizes a bit into hard chunky yellow (not black as someone said) bits. they  don't bug me until they start to emerge from my skin, kind of sticking out individually, then my nipple gets very itchy and eventually they get scrubbed of by me or my bra. then my nipple is tender and tingly and pink, and new bits grow in. sorry for the detail, but someone may find out useful.

I have these same things. I'm a teen of 14 and I've had these white/clear/yellow-ish bump/chunk/cracked/bits at the center of the nipple (not the areolas). They come and go, but I noticed that these things are getting bigger. Maybe it just randomly changes in size, but I just feel like it's getting bigger. I usually don't touch it, since my mom told me touching your nipples can cause infections since they're so sensitive and stuff like that. I'm not living with my mom anymore, and I can't possibly ask my dad these kind of questions, so can anyone help me out? Should I see a doctor or is this just a normal nipple discharge thing? Not to make you guys disgusted or anything, but my nipple looks kind of cracked in the middle. Not as bad as the ground in a desert, but enough to give me the chills when I look at it. But it's only at the center, and it's only a little (maybe because it's kind of dry?). I never, never pick at these bumps. I tried once and it hurt sooooooo much.

Is this a disease, sign of cancer, or nipple disorder? My mom and my younger sister don't have these. Should I leave them alone? It's on both nipples.