I went to my gyno two days ago and I was surprised by the results- ovarian cysts. Is there anyone who had experienced needle aspiration? I’m scheduled for this procedure next week and am terrified of it and am crying constantly. Are those cysts actually ovarian cancer?

Hi! I’m 36 and have a constant problem with cysts for years now. Usually I let them shrink with my period which means they come and go, but I do my controls regularly. My doc says that cysts are not a cancer although they might be a cancer but at my age they are just sacs filled with fluid and sometimes if they won’t go by themselves they need to be sucked out by the needle aspiration. I also had it once and it’s no big deal. You shouldn’t be worry that much and stop crying. It’s just that doc will guide that needle through your abdomen right in the cyst and will sucked that fluid out. And afterwards this fluid will be checked in lab just in case to see if there are any cancers cells. In case if lab test shows any sign of ovarian cancer your doc will probably recommend you to do CA125 blood test and ultrasound?