Hi, I am desperate. I have a health problem that seems like its never going to end. Ten months ago I have noticed a lump in my left breast. I went to see my doctor immediately. He referred me to an ultrasound. The results had shown that I had a cyst. The doctor did an aspiration and the cyst was gone. But after two months another one appeared. Again the same procedure was followed and this time doctor did an analysis of the cyst fluid. It turned out that there are some abnormal cells in it. What does this mean? Will the cyst come back again?

Hi, I am sorry that you had to go through so much trouble. The cysts that form in breasts are not usually a sign of something serious. In fact even hormonal changes during a cycle may influence a cyst to be formed. I know that you must feel terrified, but I am surprised that your doctor didn't talk to you about this. Just the fact that your cysts were filled with fluid is the sign that these cysts are not a symptom of breast cancer. The abnormal cells found on cyst fluid are not a reason to be worried, because they usually do not mean anything. One of the reasons why the cyst reoccurred might be the fact that the doctor didn't aspirate it completely. You should talk to him openly about this possibility. Because you find the procedure of cyst aspiration so unpleasant, maybe you should not have it done the next time. There are many women who are advised this. Instead of the aspiration procedure, regular check ups and ultrasound are a better solution. If the ultrasound shows that there is something more serious going on than you can talk to your doctor about biopsy.