I have found out that I have lumps on my breasts there are two of them and are really small but I touch them and feel them circle moving under my fingers. I am 42 and all this started to happened in the last six months and the symptoms are more "visible" at about my period time exactly few times before my period starts and lately those lumps on my breasts are also very sensitive to touch. So I am really scared I could be having breast cancer and would like to hear what might be the cause of lumps on breasts. Thanks!

You are in perimonopause period and that means you are approaching menopause so you might expect some changes such as lumps on breast to happen which means you should be worry but also it means that it could be nothing too serious. I am 45 and about a year ago I discovered lumps on my breasts I went to the doc and I was fortunate it was not breast cancer but I was having breast cyst and those cysts might come and go before respectively after the period. Anyway if those lumps on breast are actually breasts cyst than they could by diagnosed simply by clinical breast exam and usually the exam is followed by FNA-fine needle aspiration and these needle is about to suck out some fluid if there is any in the cyst. Fluid aspirated from my breast cyst was yellow so it turns out to be nothing serious my cyst has simply disappeared and never came back but there are cases when the cysts are recurring and than the surgery is unavoidable. And if the aspirated fluid turns to be have blood than further exam on breast cancer are performed. Anyway any other breast skin changes around lumps on breast such as reddish or swelling skin are always alarming.