Its been 8 months since I've had a cesarean delivery and I still continue to have a discharge which consist of dark brownish blood. I really don't know what to do but I've been treated it like its my menstrual cycle. Is there any advice? Should I seek an OBGYN doctor for examination or could this be a normal thing. I don't think so.
This occurs each day of the month, maybe less a couple of days.

Look, I think you should definitely have it checked. It is not normal that you experience the discharge 8 months following caesarian.
I also had bleeding and discharge after my c-section but it lasted for a month. It was red at first but then it slowly went to yellowish.

I don’t know what the cause of your bleeding may be, haven’t you have it checked at all since it started? I wouldn’t be playing with such long bleedings?

Are you just bleeding with no irritations or were you having an intercourse or something that is provoking the bleeding?

I know that most bleedings last up to six weeks and that would be it. I think you should have it checked.

That sounds like part of the placenta may still be in your body if you are still having discharge. This should have been looked after a long time ago. by scheduling an ultrasound. If this is a US site I feel sorry for you guys, as you become more hesitant to see a doctor because it costs. A day after being released from hospital a nurse should visit & ask you questions & check you & then 1 week after the child is born mother & baby get checked & then 6 weeks later mother has to get a full check-up & these concerns should have been addressed & resolved, inbetween some doctors would like to see you more often & then every month baby gets checked & you should also get checked for healing especially C-sections & this should be free in most commonwealth countries. Too bad about the US though, people get ill & get worse because they are scared it will cost them. Healthcare should never be about money, humanity should come before it.