I cut my left thumb with an exact-o knife 10 days ago. I believe the cut went clear to the bone, the only thing that stop me from cutting it off was my thumb nail. it seems to be healing but when I change the bandage I can see my blood rushing into my finger nail. Why Is This Happening, and What does it mean? I never have any blood on my bandage. However I believe if i were to leave the bandage off the blood would back up thru the cut. what do I do?

thanks

A cut that deep is serious. You run the risk of infection. Instead of trying to treat this yourself, I suggest you see a doctor.

Hi there,
This is very serious cut that you had. I think that you should not leave this untreated and you need to see a doctor. There is a chance that your blood vessels were not able to heal completely and you might have problems with the blood flow. Also are you using anything for the pain? You should also use some antibiotics in order not to have any infections in your finger. Have you noticed any changes in the color of the nail? There is a chance that your bondage is also too tight and this might be causing your problems as well. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco