I am thinking of buying a trainer. I want to train a whole year. We all know that weather can be horrible during the winter. A friend of mine suggested that I should get a Cycleops Fluid Trainer. He said that it is better than a discount trainer. It enables you to ride indoors rather than in lousy weather. What do you think?

The original company that used to produce fluid trainers, CycleOps does not exist anymore. Graber Products had purchased the company. The fluid resistance unit gets very hot and probably destroys some internal seal because the resistance goes way down. The company is aware of it because they are constantly changing the heat sink to better dissipate the heat. If you buy this unit at some place with excellent customer service if it breaks you can get a new one. A friend of mine bought the unit last year. He used it during the winter and after a few months of use it leaked all over the place. I suggested to him to send the old leaky unit to the new company. In less than a week, he received not a fixed unit but a brand new trainer! We were both surprised. That is what I call customer service. The new unit is working fine. Graber Products definitely know how to win customers. Way to go.