Any suggestions on how I can quiet the trainer that I use. I have tried WD-40 on the fans, and it doesn't seem to work. The loud part is coming from the fans on either side of the roller.

The wife was saying that she could hear the trainer in our room this morning, and I ride in the basement with the door shut.

Turn the tv up ;)

If they are sealed, it may be hard to get in there and grease them.

Is it metal on metal sound?

Is it metal on metal sound?
TV is all the way up, and I still can't hear, it. I put the captioning on to help. Metal on Metal sound yes

Try something other than WD-40? Not a great lube -- better for drying and cleaning. Contact the manufacturer or sales folks and find out what's safe to use on it? Perhaps white lithium spray? Are there bearings in there that need to repacked? I don't have a trainer (waaaah!), so I'm not clear on what parts are involved. Something else that occurred to me -- has it always been this noisy? Noise is a fact of life for some brands/models, from what I've read.

There are 2 fans on either side of the roller. I took the 2 fans off and we are virtually noise free now. I may put the one back on, but the other was broken which was probably causing the noise.

If you can't get in there and grease it, you may need a new resistance unit. Fans are notoriously loud anyway. The last two years have seen a lot of new brands and upgrades so a basic mag model is pretty cheap. I still have a Performance mag about 4 years old.

That's what I ended up doing with my first trainer. Dang those fans were noisy. Not sure if it's harder on the bearing though since you took away the cooling source.