What is cystic fibrosis disease? No one wants to tell me what is wrong with my baby. He is so young, but I don't have to be a doctor to see that there is something seriously wrong with my newborn. I cried last night all night. I realized that this illness is very grave and that my son will not have a normal life. But to fight it, I need to know what this cystic fibrosis is. Help me.

Please read my posting to "lilla" about one CF story that has touched my family.

First of all, you do know that at one point, doctors must tell you what this illness is all about. As for you closest ones, I assume that they do not want to hurt your feelings. Cystic fibrosis disease is a serious illness, and what awaits your baby is a hard road full of medicaments, hospitals checks, severe diets... And yet it can turn out that its road is a short one. But please, do not lose hope, it's the only thing you got now!