Ok...my husband is in the military currently on his second tour... we have been trying to conceive and found it impossible so the few months prior to him leaving we stopped (maybe two months before his leaving), my cycles normally fall on the 30th day rather than the regular 28 day cycles and last 6-7 days. i had a period October 10th which my husband was still home for...considering he left the 30th of October...November 10th which would have been my 30 day mark came and went... i felt crummy and sick to my stomach and cramping...i woke up saturday the 11th with bright red blood but a few hours later it turned brown and stayed brownish to a pinkish for 3-4 days...like i stated before they normally last 6-7 days....and are very heavy. so last night when i was sitting waiting for my hubby to call i got out my planner and counted days and since the 3-4 days that i considered my "period" i havent had one in 38 days today...so i thought hmm ill take a test since i have one...i took an EPT @ 12:15 this morning and didnt want to watch the results so i came back in a few minutes later...the middle line which is always present when liquid hits it was very dark like usual but the vertical line which runs through the center was very dark only on the left side of where the + sign would be....there is no right side of the vertical line....im anxious and excited and nervous all in one... i thought i was seeing things so i just layed it on my nightstand when i got up this morning the result was the same still pretty bright on just that left side. i took it to my sisterinlaw to see what she thought and she said hmm...i took two when i was pregnant with kyle her youngest and she said both of them did this... wait and take another but it looks like a positive to me...what do you think? i need some advice!?! im dying here...needless to say a few things have happened lately in the last 3 wks or so that just are odd... a friend from college came down and said youre pregnant i know it...i asked how she could tell and she said its just the look in your eyes...my husband called two weeks ago from iraq just to ask me what i thought about a baby boys name he really liked....which he would NEVER and has NEVER done and it seems the last few weeks all we have talked about is baby names...my mother inlaw about two weeks into the deployment gave me a big bottle of prenatal vitamins and told me to take them...is this all just a coincidence?

i have to also add that during the 3-4 day period i thought i was having around day two i didnt have to wear a tampon or any pad...it was that light..only spotting when i would wipe...what is the deal?

deffinitly retest. My positive with my youngest was barely a positive so I had a blood test run and sure enough I was pregnant. If I hadn't squinted my eyes I wouldn't have seen the line. I would say buy another test or two or get a blood test done if possible so you can be sure. I didn't have spotting with my boys but a lot of people I have talked to did have slight spotting around time for their periods to start and the cramping while pregnant feels like bad menstral cramping so I would say deffinitly retest.

When I wa spregnant I took EPT, also, and it did the same thing to me. So I bought a First Response test to check again and sure enough it was positive. I think you should re-test, maybe with First Response or a Dr. My advice to you is NEVER buy another EPT.

well....i bought clear blue easy...and it said negative...but i dont know i would just like a little bit more clarification. i guess going to a doctor is what i need to do. I know a few people who didnt like clear blue easy...so i guess that is where i went wrong....and its the digital kind...i dont know still lost and confused....i had a miscarriage this time last year...really dont want to go through it again...

When you use fertility monitors, you must use them EVERY DAY, starting with the first day after your period stops.

Using a monitor test stick 3-4 times will not give you accurate results.

i scheduled a pap and im going to go in and get checked... really worried that they are going to tell me something is wrong. but i know i need it and i promised my husband i would go get checked out that way there would be no reason why we cant get pregnant when he comes home on rr.... i think as soon as he comes home on rr we are going to buy an ovulation kit and try.... cross your fingers we want a baby so bad. what are some good ovulation kits?

There are many brands.. But the easiest to use is a "Clear Blue easy" electronic fertility monitor. It runs about 200$, but well worth it.

"Answer" makes a test kit set..Not electronic though. These tests you read yourself, which can be a little trickier.

Most women prefer Clear blue easy because it is so very accurate, and it is user friendly. It is very easy to read the results =D