Technically Day 8 but Doctor said surgery Day doesn't count as a day. So here I am on day 7 just finished taking my pain medication about 20 minutes ago, so I feel capable of doing something besides watching Netflix or sitting straight up in bed trying to get a little bit of sleep. This journey has been very hard for me and on me, this isn't something to take lightly. It's HELL. It all went down hill on Day 3. Let's start at Day 0 (Surgery Day) wasn't nervous at all           they even had warm air going into my gown ... very relaxing! My Doctor & Nurses were all so wonderful they told me there Hospital isn't like Gray's Anatomy. There's No Mr.Dreamy no Mr.Steamy and definitely no on call rooms ;) well that was a little disappointing to know. Anyways after waking up form surgery I was in a lot of pain and didn't talk ... all I was thinking was did they give me any pain medds yet! After about an hour of everyone coming to see me I spoke to my mother and said MOM I need pain stuff asap rocky!! I got some finally but holy **** I'm not speaking again! That hurt so bad. Everything was pretty smooth sailing from then on no throw up no blood woo I get to go home I obviously asked if I could have a to go cup of ice chips because let me tell you those Babies are my life right now, I'm popping ice chips one after the other it helps ... the cold sensation soothes it so nice! When I got home I was so Happy my boyfriend gave me a hug ... I really needed that. Btw he cleaned the whole house

As he walked me into our bed room he had it so nicely set up for me he even went out while I was in surgery and bought a sit up pillow that kinda has arm things .. the exact one from bed bath and beyond I said I really wanted one time on our camping trip about a year ago. Bless his soul, I love this man so much. There were 12 roses and a teddy bear and a freaking white board of all things, how he thought of that I don't know because I didn't & it is so handy . I was so so happy but I had to lay down the medds are wearing off now and I'm feeling pain again. My mom told him all about my pain scheduling and how to cut it up so it's easier to swallow. At this point I was taking OxyCodne one every 6 hours PERFECT! Simple as that, eating Greek yogurt homeade popsicles, ice chips and more ice chips, water. My recovery sheet says I'll be eating my favourite chessey eggs on Day 3 ouu I can't wait. So pain level is about a 6 when medds ware off on it about 2. Sleeping I didn't have much of a problem. My Boyfriend would wake me up for my pill and I'd drink as much water as possible and then back to bed, I'm still not talking it feels better this way. I communicate using my new favourite  White board  .. it goes on like this until....... Day 3 Hell no I'm out I'm so uncomfortable and in pain I feel like I'm dying I can't even swallow water with out cringing. My cheesey eggs aren't happening anytime soon holy heckńbob I'm regretting this! My Oxy pill doesn't last 6 hours anymore

I'm now taking it every 4 hours on the dot because if I miss a minute is not going to be nice. I've now mixed in phó broth mmm so good but even with my pain medds it's still so hard to get down. I'm swelled up so much my uvula is massive and I can feel a lot of mucuses. In my throat. It makes for restless nights and eventually I broke down crying because I don't want to do it anymore it hurts so bad. Day 4 same thing but this time I'm starving and my ears are paining. so I try and eat some apple sauce. That just got stuck in my throat and I'd have to drink water and it was to painful. I tried pudding, that wasn't great either. Everything tastes so gross now my breath is so bad. Day 5 my medds have completely stopped working they do nothing ... nothing. How is that even possible. I hate this, I hate this, when is it going to be over I kept asking myself over and over. My boyfriend contacted my Doctors assistant and asked what to do. She suggested I take Advil in between and work back up so it will work again! So I did Advil it was I took 400mg of Advil and what do you know it finally brought down the pain. I was sitting at a good 8.5 on the pain scale for about 12 hours. Now that I'm feeling alright and the pain is down to a 3,  I swish some salt water in mouth a few times And went to sleep. 6am day 6 I wake up in agonizing pain, I thought I finally had this under control! I decided maybe trying 1.5 of my oxy would maybe work. Surprisingly it did but only for 3 hours. At this point I'm taking 1.5 oxy and then 600mg of Advil every 3 hours ... can't be good for me but I can't stand the pain. I've always been good with pain but this is by far that worst pain I've every been through. I did the salt water  thing again .. from now on I'm going to do that everyday but this time in my spit cup I noticed floating white stuff that looked just like my white scabs. When I looked in the Mirror my left scab had fell off .. I was kinda scared so I watched carefully for blood. Seems it was just ready because nothing happened, thank god.

I still haven't eaten solid food yet and I'm not even interested in ice chips or popsicles anymore even water is my enemy but I still drink it. Really don't want to because even on the medds if I take a sip of water I have excruciating pain for about 5-10 minutes depending & its very horrible every time my throat hurts my ears have a sharp pain as well. When I try to talk it's just so painful I try my best to avoid using my voice still. Today Day 7 last night was pretty bad woke up in total maybe 10 times and 2 of those times were for taking my pills which I dread doing because as soon as I take that sip Instant pain shooting through my throat. Ugh how much longer. This morning I noticed that the left side where my scab is now gone isn't so bad now but the right side is giving me hell still. Apparently after they completely fall off it shouldn't be so hard and I believe it. I can't wait until this is all over. My boyfriend has been amazing through this all and I'm so blessed for him. He is now back at work because he can't take anymore time off but I'm ok to be alone now and can mange it on my own. It's hard yes but just hang in there for anyone who is in the same position as me now or just starting or in the future. It sure isn't easy but it's probably worth it in the end. tonight I'm going to try some spaghetti cut up small and the sauce blended with some melted cheese ontop. I can't wait to try it and eat something real. I've lost 15 pounds already and I'm starving. I know it's going to hurt but I must try, we'll see. This is as real as I could put it hope it helps. My Tip: when you are in the most pain take your pill and just breath slowly through the nose lay back as comfortable as possible and just try and relax it will pass soon & try and drink water as much as you can when you take your pill so that your only causing yourself more pain then xoxo Destiny