Hello there, I am a female who is 21 years old. There is something I want to ask you but I am not sure if I will get a correct answer here. Anyway, I will give it a shot. Myocardial Ischemia is a curious condition for me and I would like to know more about the disease. For every answer you give me I wish to thank you in front.

I always like to help someone and this time there will be no exception either. Lets start. The condition may happen when there is an increased demand for myocardial oxygen or even reduced myocardial oxygen supply. Men and women are equally affect by this disease. Elderly people are more affected and for them the disease poses much greater threat. Diabetes, cigarette smoking and high blood pressure are some factors which you may call risk factors. I am sure that you know what I mean by that. For the treatment, you should consult your cardiologist.

I would like to know what myocardial ischemia is, in terms I can understand?